HACU now accepting applications from undergraduates for the Leader-in-Residence Program
The membership of the University of North Texas in the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities makes UNT students eligible to apply for the HACU Leader-in-Residence Program, a competitive career and leadership development program available only to students from HACU-member institutions in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Selection includes a sponsorship to the annual conference to attend the ¡Adelante! Leadership Institute, Oct. 8–10, in San Diego, Calif., conducted during the HACU annual conference.
The deadline to apply is July 1, 2022. If selected, CVAD will consider some funding support for your travel expenses.
About the Program
Benefits of the program include the following.
- ¡Adelante! Leadership Institute Sponsorship
- Participation in Leadership Development webinars throughout the year
- Certificate of Completion upon meeting all of the requirements of the leadership program
- Complimentary HACU Student Affiliate Annual Membership
- Minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Have not received a HACU Conference Sponsorship for the 2021 Annual Conference
- Must be enrolled at a college or university in the of Fall 2022
- Must be willing to be sponsored by a corporate, federal, or nonprofit sponsor
- Update your resume: a UNT Career Center resume review is strongly recommended.
- Find the online application on the HACU Conference web page titled 2022 HACU Leader-in-Residence Application.