On this Page
Non-Handshake Jobs | Handshake Jobs | Volunteer Positions
New! Art Handler/Driver
- Installation and removal of artwork both on-site and off-site and being able to problem-solve
- Ensure you are using the correct materials and techniques when packing, loading and securing the artwork for safe transportation
- When packing the artwork ensure it is packed for local, domestic and international shipping
- Obtain shipments and release shipments to the warehousing facilities
New! Jewelry Production Assistant in a collaborative studio
Glasstire seeks a motivated Production Associate who can efficiently and effectively handle all related tasks. The Production Associate will be responsible for metal work including polishing, using a flex shaft, soldering and other jewelry-making skills.
New! Lab Specialist - Fine Art - Part Time
Responsible for daily operations and maintenance of laboratories, specialized classrooms, learning laboratories, tool rooms and equipment supporting courses and programs.
Promote and support safety through laboratory safe practices and train students on safety procedures and hazardous materials handling. Maintains all Material Safety Data Sheets information for all chemicals and materials as required.
Responsible for performing periodic inventory and maintaining accurate inventory for equipment, tools, materials and supplies. Receives, stores, and issues tools, supplies or equipment associated with courses or programs.
New! Art Teacher: Bean & Bristle, Denton, Texas
A successful candidate will be able to effectively present preorganized lessons teaching students how to paint preassigned course paintings
- Applicants should have experience painting with acrylic paints
- Our ideal candidate is someone that has experience teaching acrylic painting
Denton, TX 76201: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work — Required
New! Office of Arts and Culture Cultural Programs Coordinator, Public Art — Non-Civil Service
- Curates and coordinates various visual arts projects during the year; conceives and implements themes and nature of exhibitions; identifies artists; secures art shipments; installs exhibitions; promotes the programs; and prepares supplementary educational materials.
- Uses and employs graphic design, web authoring, and photography skills to create promotional materials and to manage the center's website and the online press room; develops marketing and press media relations associated with the center's visual art programs and for the performance of general administrative and clerical duties.
- Supervises and assists gallery assistant who offers technical and installation support to the center during exhibit rotation; oversees the work for special projects and supervises visual artists, curators, and instructors who offer their services to the center.
Department Coordinator - Fine Arts: Heritage Auctions, Irving, Texas
Summary: The Consignment Coordinator is responsible for coordinating incoming consignments, communicating the status with clients and coworkers, and collaborating with multiple departments while overseeing the flow of consigned property from pre-auction to post-auction for three to four venues within the fine and decorative arts department.
- Supporting Directors by liaising with clients, answering inquiries during the consignment process, and sending consignment contracts and inventory lists for signature
- Coordinating, monitoring, tracking, and processing incoming consignments
- Opening packages, verifying and labeling contents, and creating a record of each item in the Heritage database
- Keeping items in the database up to date and accurate, auditing contracts and other consignment paperwork for accuracy
- Researching the status of consignments and performing department-wide inventories of consignment material
- Proactively following up on pending requests and outstanding issues
- Assisting with order picking/pulling when needed
- Processing shipping requests
- Performing basic art handling, moving valuables within the gallery and warehouse according to our object handling standards
- Assisting with gallery previews on and off-site, organizing and labeling property on display
- Other duties as assigned by the operations manager
Visual Arts Technician, UNT System Portal, Dallas
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to management of the photography concentration facilities for student and faculty use and include the following.
- Maintaining a safe student work environment
- Maintaining equipment and web checkout system
- Disseminating information
Artist, Fegan Fine Art Restoration Inc, Dallas
Artist wanted for apprenticeship in an art restoration company. We’re looking for someone that can paint and draw realistically. We restore all types of art, including decorative and fine art. The ability to work with clients is a plus. We will need to see (images) examples of your work before setting up an interview.
Part-Time Photographer for Online Catalog, Richardson, Texas
The ideal candidate is a student or professional photographer with studio lighting experience and an understanding of how to work with apparel. Previous experience with online catalog work or online auctions – especially clothing – would be great!
Workshop Assistant, Dallas Center for Photography
Dallas Center for Photography seeks a passionate, supportive Workshop Assistant to join our small but mighty team. The primary responsibilities of the workshop assistant include supporting our photography classes and workshops, gallery public hours and receptions, outreach programs, and other various events. You will be helping build an exciting photo community in Dallas.
Assistant Registrar, Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth, Texas
- Coordinate and record the movement of permanent collection works.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining the permanent collection documentation and collections database —The Museum System app.
- Assist with rights and reproduction for the permanent collection.
Curator, The International Museum of Art and Science, McAllen, Texas
IMAS seeks motivated, dedicated individuals who want to make a difference in their community. IMAS maintains a strong bond with its membership and many institutions in the community. Employees enjoy serving the Rio Grande Valley community members, families and visitors through various programming, cultural events and exhibition of the arts and sciences.
The International Museum of Art & Science in the Rio Grande Valley inspires audiences of all ages to explore art and science through its permanent collections, exhibits, programs, and partnerships by empowering learners to discover their interests and pursue their passions.
New! #7503246 Video Creative Coordinator at Hobby Lobby Inc.
Expires: June 30, 2023, at 12:00 a.m.
- A firm grasp of various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices including social, video, digital, and email marketing
- A solid understanding of video production including storyboard creation, on-screen graphics, and music selection
- Determined listener and self-starter who follows and gives directions carefully and clearly, and can work under minimal supervision
- An exceptional eye for design, composition, and merchandising
- Strong creative conceptualization skills
- Passion for design, art trends, and style
Volunteer: Pop Up Project, NorthPark Center, Dallas
New! If you are interested in the position, please email Sarah, Sarah@DallasArtFair.com, and Anna, Akem@NorthParkCntr.com, with your resume and a brief statement about why you want to work the Pop Up exhibition.
The Pop Up Project furthers the dialogue between NorthPark Center’s world-class art collection and the regional art community. This NorthPark initiative engages a wide variety of mostly Texas-based artists to create site-specific, large-scale artworks throughout the shopping center. We invite visitors to explore the Pop Up Projects on view and learn more about the artists.
We seek organized and energetic candidates with an interest and/or background in art history to educate the public about Talk of the Town and the artworks on view. The job will include ensuring the safety of the art on view at the exhibition while providing a meaningful experience to all visitors. A degree in art history is not required. Spanish-English bilingual skills are helpful but not required.
Responsibilities include the following.
- Courteously providing visitors with assistance, information, and directions as needed.
- Helping to maintain daily attendance count.
- Offering a guided tour or background information on the exhibition and individual works when visitors arrive.
- Monitoring visitor interactions with the art on view and maintaining an alert presence in the gallery to ensure the safety of the artwork.