NEWH Scholarship Banquet Memories
Many CVAD Interior Design students have won the NEWH Dallas Chapter scholarship over the years.
Back left: Bruce Nacke, professor, CVAD Interior Design. Winners in this 2014 photo from CVAD: second from back right: Megan Crase. From front right: Sara Allen, Jennifer Landeros-Caibaiosai and Amy Noack.
Interior Design students are eligible for the NEWH Dallas Chapter scholarship. NEWH, Inc. and its chapters are tasked with fundraising to provide scholarship dollars for eligible students planning to enter the Hospitality Industry. NEWH Chapters offer scholarships annually. NEWH is the premier networking resource for the hospitality industry, providing scholarships, education, leadership development, recognition of excellence, and business development opportunities.
NEWH Dallas Chapter Scholarship Information
Applications will be available online: Sept. 21, 2020 | Applications Due: Nov. 2, 2020
Use the following link to access the application, be sure to select the NEWH Dallas Chapter.
Eligibility Requirements | Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria.
- A career objective in one of the areas of the Hospitality Industry
- Interior Design, Architecture, Hotel-Restaurant Management, Culinary-Food Service
- Currently enrolled student attending an accredited college
- Completed half the requirements for a degree or certification in the program you are currently enrolled
- Must show financial need and have eligible outstanding debt for tuition, books, or supplies at the time of scholarship award
- 3.0 cumulative GPA/B average or equivalent
Applications must include the following.
- Student Essay
- Letters of recommendation from Department Chair, Professors, Advisor
- Letters of recommendation from industry professionals, employers, etc.
Email the Scholarship Director, Liz Wilhite, LWilhite@mdcwall.com.