Find job postings in Handshake!
These jobs have been selected especially for CVAD students and alumni by your CVAD Career Coach Marcy Bishop-Lilley.
Note: Interviews often begin prior to the expiration date of the job; apply soon!
Junior Art Director at Freeman Leonard
Job ID 6150824 | Handshake Preview
Expires: June 30, 9 p.m.
The junior art director works directly with the creative director and associate creative director on specified clients and assignments. The art director partners with fellow art directors as well as copywriters from concept and design to compelling visual solutions for retail, digital, advertising and branded environments. The ideal candidate must be a conceptual thinker who can communicate ideas with captivating visuals.
#6397069 Gallery Facilitators at Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
Expires: July 1, 2022, at 5 a.m.
Interact with the public within the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden, providing educational experiences and positive public experiences. This position is part-time for 16 to 32 hours per week, and reports to the public programs manager.
- Proactively engage the public around gallery exhibits, creating learning experiences for youth and families
- Facilitate hands-on and presentational-style Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math, STEAM, programs in galleries and other public spaces within the Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden at the Dallas Arboretum
- Stay current on DABS safety protocols and respond to/report any public incidences according to relevant guidelines
- Monitor galleries to ensure appropriate behavior and safe engagement with exhibits
- Assist in the creation or revision of hands-on lesson plans, OmniGlobe programs, puppet shows, or live science shows as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Adventure Camp Counselor — Summer — at Town of Flower Mound
Job ID 6291539 | Handshake Preview
Expires: July 11, 2022, 5 p.m.
Examples of Duties
- Assists in the programs and activities for each day of summer camp.
- Assists in coordination of arts, crafts, games, swimming, drama, gym games, etc.
- Prepares for field trips, special events, and special projects.
- Supervises all camp children and volunteers.
- Receives payments for day camp fees.
- Informs Supervisor of all work activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
#6150824 Junior Art Director at Freeman Leonard
Expires: July 30, 2022, at 9 p.m.
- Versatile in design that goes beyond the obvious, contributing unique solutions to each assignment.
- Capable of building final digital files for the prepress department in accordance with established guidelines and procedures to ensure the highest quality and most efficient processing of final art, be it for print and/or digital displays.
- Advanced knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite© including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of a 3D animation program (such as Cinema 4D or Maya), After Effects, and basic knowledge of interactive media design
- Ability to interpret a brand's social voice for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
Fine Arts Teacher at Oak Hill Academy - Dallas
Job ID 6092290 | Handshake Preview
Expires: Aug. 1, 2022, 2 p.m.
Located in the Preston Hollow/Midway Hollow area of Dallas, Oak Hill Academy specializes in providing customized academic and social-emotional programs not found in traditional learning environments. From preschool through high school, we offer an individualized curriculum with a whole-child approach, preparing our students for life after graduation. Ideal candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree and/or teaching certification, along with experience in working with special populations. Oak Hill prides itself on a collaborative, team approach.
#6589156 Fall 2022 Fashion Intern at Elizabeth W Boutique
Expires: Aug. 15, 2022, midnight
- Actively creates a welcoming environment through teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
- Act as an ambassador of the brand
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivated and results-driven
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
#6398625 Whitley Penn Creative Design Intern – Plano, TX (UNT) at Whitley Penn
Expires: Aug. 31, 2022 at 11:55pm
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in advertising, graphic design, communications, or another related field
- Exhibit proficiency in creating and editing various graphic design, web design, publishing, and multimedia software applications including Adobe Creative Suite© — specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design, Microsoft Office Suite® and various social media platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Knowledge in photography and videography is a plus
#6548231 Museum Intern II at City of Carrollton
Expires: Aug. 31, 2022, at midnight
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, and activities related to the museum exhibit, programs and events
- Maintains and updates a variety of records pertaining to the museum exhibit and collection
- Learn the daily operations of the museum including but not limited to: exhibit tours, opening/closing procedures, and management of collection and exhibit spaces
- Provides assistance and guest service to the general public, which includes providing guided/self-guided tours, answering telephones, and/or performing other related activities
#6344797 Design Consultant/Sales Associate at Quatrine
Expires: Dec. 1, 2022, 1 p.m.
Quatrine seeks to hire part-time design consultants to work mostly on weekends. A typical day would consist of: assisting our high-end clients by pulling fabrics and putting together custom furniture pieces based on their needs, answering phone calls/emails, keeping the showroom tidy, and closing sales.
#5498658 Art Teacher at J's Art Studio, Inc.
Expires: Dec. 16, 2022, at 4:30 a.m.
J's Art has been teaching fun, creative art classes in the North Dallas/Richardson/Plano area for more than 20 years! We encourage our students to explore many different art media while teaching technical skills in acrylic, oil and watercolor painting, drawing, clay and sculpture as well as, sewing and other art media. Small classes help the artist realize their true creative potential! We teach kids art classes, adult art classes, art parties, and summer and winter camps.
#6502557 Workshop Instructor at Workbench, LLC
Expires: Jan. 1, 2023, midnight
We are a co-working art studio in the heart of Denton. We are looking for workshop instructors to teach their fine and craft art.
- We have an open classroom with access to a large variety of surface areas and tools.
- Workshops can be one or multiple days.
- Instructors are paid based upon enrollment with a generous percentage.
- Curriculum freedom
- Studio/teaching assistance available
- We promote and facilitate registration
Send an email to CVAD Career Coach Marcy Bishop-Lilley, Marcy.Bishop@unt.edu, if you have any questions about job postings or requirements.
Drop-ins: (no appointment) by phone and video - Navigate
In-person: Sage Hall, Room 280.
Career Center hiring and I-9 processing is by appointment only through the UNT Navigate app.